The E-VAT facility provided in Tally.ERP 9 allows the user to export the data to the excel file as per e-filing requirements so that the same file can be imported to Trade and Tax Department tool for conversion to text format for e-filing. The user has to download the offline Block for Form 2A & 2B from http://www.dvat.gov.in/dvatonline/index.php and generate XML using Return.exe tool.
Exporting Data in E-Filing Format
To export the data in e-filing format,
Gateway of Tally - Display Menu - Statutory Reports - VAT Reports - e-VAT Annexures then select Annexure 2A or 2B
Press Enter on E-VAT Annexure to view the Export Report screen.
In the Export Report screen,
- The Format will be automatically selected as Excel (Spreadsheet).
- In the Export Location screen, the path of Tally.ERP 9 installed folder will be displayed. This path can be changed as per requirement depending on the location where the format file is copied.
- The Output File Name will be automatically captured from the format file saved in Tally.ERP 9 folder. (Do not change the Output File Name)
- Set Update existing file to Yes if the data which is already exported needs to be modified, else select No.
- Retain the settings of Excel (Spreadsheet) Formatting and with colour.
- Enter the return period in From and To fields.
- Accept the Export Report screen to export the data to the excel template file Annexure A
Importing Data from Excel Output File to Return.Exe Tool
Double click on Return.exe tool, enter the TIN and click on Next button. Enter the basic information of the dealer in Trade and Tax Department screen and click on Next button. The dealer details get saved.
Step 1: Data Import
Click on Import tab to import the excel file generated from Tally.ERP 9, check the preview if required and click on Save button.
Step 2: Data Export
Click on Export tab to export the data which is imported to the tool to generate the Notepad (.txt) file.
Step 3: Upload to Department website
Login to the website - http://delhi.dvatonline.in by entering TIN and password. Click on the link - Upload 2A and 2B Soft Copy. Click on Browse button, select the text file and click on Save button and then complete the online filing as per the e-filing process specified by the department.